On this interview with Forbes Top 5 Social Media Influencers Neal Schaffer, he reiterates how social media was made for people, and not businesses. If you’re a business owner, it might be tempting to just bombard your fans with your products all the time and then stop when you’re busy, but that’s not how social media works. You should have a clear goal, and consistently work your way to achieving them. It’s a lot of hard work.
Another important strategy to improving your facebook page is through boosting and ads. Boosting and running Facebook ads is always difficult when you haven’t had any training on it, but it’s something a lot of our customers always want to do. Gary Vaynerchuck, social media consultant for Fortune 500 companies wrote some really great tips on running facebook ads on his blog. He explains the difference between running ads on offline and online platforms, and why many fail on making the transition. He also gives a lot of weight on testing and targeting specific market segments to make Facebook ads worth your money.
So what are the things that you need to do in order to improve your facebook page and reach more Davaoeño customers?
Organic Facebook Page Growth
- Market to people – Social media is a platform for socializing online, and that’s how you should also treat it on your facebook page. Communicate with your market!
- Know your objectives – Everybody wants to sell, but people won’t buy from someone they don’t know. Where are you right now on you social media efforts, and what is the objective for that stage?
- Work on your Facebook page – Fans won’t just magically find and like your page, and posts won’t magically appear out of nowhere. It takes dedication and commitment for your Facebook business page to grow.
Running Ads and Boosting on Your Facebook Page
- Create a lot of market segments – Make sure you know who your audiences are, and it’s much more effective when you divide them into segments. Make sure your content is also targeted towards those people.
- Don’t be too general when boosting – When you run an ad targeting the entire Davao City, you will get a higher reach and it will be cheaper, however, there is less assurance that you are reaching your REAL market. It’s better to pay higher, target smaller, but getting results.
- Test first before spending big – A lot of our customers think testing is a waste of time because they don’t get results right away, but what they don’t know is, we do tests so that we get more accurate data that allows us to spend more effectively.
Now that you have the knowledge of how to grow your Facebook page organically and though ads, it’s time to put these tips into action and maximize social media for your business.